|NYSE||Adv 2195||Dec 792||Vol 1.03 bln|
|Nasdaq||Adv 1924||Dec 1016||Vol 2.2 bln|
- Bulls ride Friday’s positive momentum.
- Apple (AAPL) outperforms, underpins top-weighted technology sector.
- Crude oil breaks six-session losing streak.
- US dollar sold off; falls to 90 on the Dollar Index.
RECAP– The market rallied in relief today following last week’s selloff. Crude oil closed slightly higher today, near $60 per barrel. The US dollar rallied early, but closed the day lower at 90 on the Dollar Index.
In-depth look of daily news at Briefing.com (CLICK HERE)
In-depth look at after hours movers (CLICK HERE)
- Nothing major today.
- Februar 14: CPI m/m
- Februar 14: Core CPI m/m
- Februar 14: Core Retail Sales m/m
- Februar 14: Retail Sales m/m
- Februar 14: Crude Oil Inventories
- Februar 15: PPI m/m
- Februar 16: Building Permits
FedWatch March 21 Rate Hike Probability for February 12: 77.5% (View the probability chart here)
A Look At The S&P 500 Chart – KEY Levels
- RSI is below 50 signifies that the market is bearish.
- On Balance Volume is at its moving average.
- The market had its first major pullback in over 6 months. The 300 point selloff from its highs signifies a major correction to the market.
- The selloff the past week has been very severe. The bullish uptrend has been broken and the momentum is significantly bearish in the short term.
- The market has pulled back in relief over the past two sessions. This could be a temporary bearish retracement before selling continues. Look price to converge into its moving averages.
- With the TRIN closing at 0.60, there is the possibility of a bearish reversal tomorrow.
A Look Into the Heat Map
The market bounced back in relief following last week’s selloff.
VIX – 25.61
UUP – USD weighted ETF – Bearish – The US dollar is currently pulling back from its prior bearish move. You could perceive this as short-term bullish on the past couple of weeks, but its longer term downtrend is very much in place. Technically, this could very well pull back into the 92 range on the Dollar Index before it resumes heavy future selling.
SOLON’S TRADING THOUGHTS
The market sold off heavily last week, providing for the first correction in a long time. The correction came in a severe move, and this week should serve as relief of sorts for the huge drop. Any pullback into its major moving averages may just serve as a bearish retracement before future selling. With volatility being back up and the market consolidating at a new level, it may be a good time to capitalize on selling options in the form of far out of the money naked puts on stocks/ETF’s that had a severe move last week or credit spreads.
You can follow daily updates on Twitter & Facebook, or text “follow @tackletrading” to 40404 to get text alerts!
If you are not a Pro Member and following the Stock & Option Picks, then check it out! There is a Promo code for Free 15 day trial: THETA