|NYSE||Adv 2319||Dec 625||Vol 827.8 mln|
|Nasdaq||Adv 1944||Dec 718||Vol 1.99 bln|
- ‘Buy the dip’ mentality following first loss of the year; small caps, transports lead.
- The Producer Price Index declined 0.1% in December, while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 0.2%; core PPI slipped 0.1% (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%).
- ECB minutes hawkish, note guidance could be changed in early 2018.
- Crude oil closes flat following early gains.
- US dollar sold off sharply.
RECAP– The market rallied steadily throughout the day to continue to post new all time highs. Crude oil rallied early, but an afternoon selloff saw it close flat. The US dollar sold sharply following the US open and did not manage to recover.
In-depth look of daily news at Briefing.com (CLICK HERE)
In-depth look at after hours movers (CLICK HERE)
- January 11: PPI m/m – Actual: -0.1% Forecast: 0.2% Previous: 0.4%
- The Producer Price Index measures the cost of producing goods. That cost is usually passed on to the consumer and leads to inflation, making the PPI a leading indicator for inflation.
- January 12: CPI m/m
- January 12: Core CPI m/m
- January 12: Core Retail Sales m/m
- January 12: Retail Sales m/m
FedWatch January 31 Rate Hike Probability for January 11: 1.5% (View the probability chart here)
A Look At The S&P 500 Chart – KEY Levels
- RSI is above 70 signifies that the market is overbought.
- On Balance Volume is at its moving average.
- The market continues to run up higher on its massive bull rally which dates back to August. This is overextended on multiple levels and is outpacing all of its moving averages.
A Look Into the Heat Map
The market largely bullish, led by Consumer Services.
VIX – 9.88
UUP – USD weighted ETF – Bearish – This looks like a bear pullback on the chart. Be careful of another dip down.
SOLON’S TRADING THOUGHTS
The market continues to remain unreasonably bullish without much fundamental data to support it. It is long overdue for a correction, so the question is not if, but when.
You can follow daily updates on Twitter & Facebook, or text “follow @tackletrading” to 40404 to get text alerts!
If you are not a Pro Member and following the Stock & Option Picks, then check it out! There is a Promo code for Free 15 day trial: THETA