8 Minute Read

Tackle Today: The Fed Looms

August 25, 2022

By | No Comments

«Cue the Spooky Music.»

Traders,

On Friday at 10 AM EST, Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell will speak at the Jackson Hole Economic Symposium.

Bears say he will be more hawkish than expected and remind investors that higher rates are coming down the pike. Prepare for cold water to be tossed on the monster rally stocks just had.

Bulls say he won’t tell us anything we didn’t already know and that future rate hikes are already baked into the cake.

It’s impossible to know the market reaction ahead of time, but one thing is sure: volatility is on the horizon. Intelligent investors should check positions and gauge exposure to ensure they’re not too exposed if stocks get smacked.

Don’t go into the event flying blind. Be prepared by laying out plans for your positions if you haven’t already.


Video Of The Day: Understanding Market Volume

In this video clip, Coach Tyler Craig explains precisely what volume is in the #stockmarket and how to interpret it.


Chart of the Day: Market odds for Rate Hike

Chart of the Day: Market odds for Rate Hike

Here are market expectations heading into Jackson Hole. Investors are baking in a 60% chance of a 75 basis point hike and a 40% chance of a 50 basis point hike. Let’s see how this changes following Powell’s comments.


Today’s line up

Traders Lounge 11 AM EST

Join the coaches in this live lounge, ask questions, discuss ideas or just sit back and listen to veteran traders discuss market conditions.

Cashflow Club 8:30 PM EST

Held every Thursday before Friday’s option contract expirations, this show helps you perfect your favorite cashflow strategies.

Halftime Report 12:30 PM EST

The Halftime Report starts at 12:30 EST and covers what news is driving the market, chart analysis from the movers and shakers of the day, and fun in a way that only Matt and Tim can deliver.


Tackle Trading: Financial Freedom is a Journey. Sign up now for a 15-day free trial.

Financial freedom is a journey

Sign up now and gain unfettered access to all of the quality content and powerful Scouting Reports that our Pro Members enjoy for 15-days absolutely free with no strings attached and let us show you what your trading has been missing.


Legal Disclaimer

Tackle Trading LLC (“Tackle Trading”) is providing this website and any related materials, including newsletters, blog posts, videos, social media postings and any other communications (collectively, the “Materials”) on an “as-is” basis. This means that although Tackle Trading strives to make the information accurate, thorough and current, neither Tackle Trading nor the author(s) of the Materials or the moderators guarantee or warrant the Materials or accept liability for any damage, loss or expense arising from the use of the Materials, whether based in tort, contract, or otherwise. Tackle Trading is providing the Materials for educational purposes only. We are not providing legal, accounting, or financial advisory services, and this is not a solicitation or recommendation to buy or sell any stocks, options, or other financial instruments or investments. Examples that address specific assets, stocks, options or other financial instrument transactions are for illustrative purposes only and are not intended to represent specific trades or transactions that we have conducted. In fact, for the purpose of illustration, we may use examples that are different from or contrary to transactions we have conducted or positions we hold. Furthermore, this website and any information or training herein are not intended as a solicitation for any future relationship, business or otherwise, between the users and the moderators. No express or implied warranties are being made with respect to these services and products. By using the Materials, each user agrees to indemnify and hold Tackle Trading harmless from all losses, expenses and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or resulting from user’s use of the Materials. In no event shall Tackle Trading or the author(s) or moderators be liable for any direct, special, consequential or incidental damages arising out of or related to the Materials. If this limitation on damages is not enforceable in some states, the total amount of Tackle Trading’s liability to the user or others shall not exceed the amount paid by the user for such Materials.

All investing and trading in the securities market involves a high degree of risk. Any decisions to place trades in the financial markets, including trading in stocks, options or other financial instruments, is a personal decision that should only be made after conducting thorough independent research, including a personal risk and financial assessment, and prior consultation with the user’s investment, legal, tax and accounting advisers, to determine whether such trading or investment is appropriate for that user.

Chart Modal

Tackle Trading

Holiday Sale

Attention: Beginners and Advanced Traders!

The Annual Holiday Sale is here!

Celebrate the Holiday Season by taking advantage of this generous offer and save up to –60% on these awesome Trading Systems and Coaching Program!

Offer ends in

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds